• Genres: go, fiction, games
      • Language: english
      • Author: Sung-Hwa Hong
      • Publisher: Good Move Press
      • Release date: July 1, 1999

About The Book

How far would you go to be first?

“BEFORE WE BEGIN…

Let me tell you a story. An old story, a really old story.

Do you know how to play go?

You do? First kyu, a player of the first rank? Really? Have you ever competed in a professional qualifying tournament? No? Then you are not, I repeat NOT first kyu!

I know, I know. Nowadays all kinds of bad players call themselves first kyu. This story is, however, not about those fake first kyus. It’s a story of the real first kyus.

There is a guy who runs a smoke shop near Niagara Falls. His name is Shin. On rainy days he keeps staring at the falls and mumbles something like this: “I’m sure they must all be playing for bangneki stakes happily somewhere…”

Can you even guess what he is talking about? If not, just hold on and listen to what I’m going to tell you. Only about a handful of people know this story. So listen up.”

Thus begins a compelling, insightful, and haunting tale of love, sacrifice, the search for excellence, and Go- the world’s oldest game.

About The Author

Born in Seoul, Korea in 1950, Sung-Hwa Hong graduated from the famed Kyunggi High School, and after serving in the Korean army for three years, immigrated to Vancouver in 1974. He then, in 1981, graduated from the Faculty of Dentistry at the University of British Columbia.

Winning the Canadian Go Championship twice, he participated in the World Amateur Go Championship in Japan as the Canadian representative in 1989 and 1995.

Married with two children, he practiced family dentistry in Vancouver until his death in 2001. Shortly before he passed away, Dr. Hong made a few small changes to the text for the second printing.

Hardcover ebook First Kyu Sung-Hwa Hong buy iPad. TXT First Kyu on Audible. Hardback book First Kyu by Sung-Hwa Hong read on PC. MOBI book First Kyu download on Powells. MP3 First Kyu read online.

FB2 ebook First Kyu by Sung-Hwa Hong buy cheap for Kindle on IndieBound. Paperback First Kyu Sung-Hwa Hong download for reader on Book Depository. FictionBook book First Kyu. PDF ebook First Kyu by Sung-Hwa Hong read iOS. Online book First Kyu on Kobo.

EPUB First Kyu Sung-Hwa Hong download on PocketBook. Online ebook First Kyu buy cheap on Walmart. Hardcover ebook First Kyu buy on iPhone. TXT First Kyu by Sung-Hwa Hong download on Amazon. EPUB book First Kyu Sung-Hwa Hong read online on Books-a-Million.

0件の返信スレッドを表示中
返信先: First Kyu – MOBI download : 9780964479692
あなたの情報: